A Sea to Love,
a Hinterland to Savor

italianoenglish


CHURCH OF SAINT FRANCIS OF PAOLA



The Church of Saint Francis of Paola was built in the 19th century and is the most recent church erected in the old Borgo quarter. It was constructed over an existing church of Saint Mary of the French of 1690. The church has a single nave.

A glass niche inside contains a suggestive carpine wood sculpture of considerable artistic worth dating back to 185 AD, portraying the saint. Alongside there is the statue of the Madonna of the Holy Rosary of Pompeii. Around the building are four statues inside niches. These statues are works of contemporary art by Romolo Rizzuti and represent Saint Francis of Paola, Saint Sebastian, Saint Peter and Saint Paul. Inside the church, the apse consists of a vast mosaic depicting Jesus among His disciples. Outside, it is possible to see the 18th century stone plaque recalling the cult of Saint Cesareo and Saint Aloi.

Address: Via di San Francesco, 88814 – Melissa (KR)



GALLERY



altare
dettaglio architettonico dell'esterno
esterno della chiesa di san francesco
interno della chiesa
particolare del tabernacolo
particolare della facciata
particolare esterno di san francesco di paola
pittura su vetro del sacro cuore
statua della madonna con bambino
statua di san francesco di paola



MAP






RELATIVE MONUMENT




Melissa


Mother Church of Saint Nicholas (Bishop)




Melissa


RESEARCH CENTRE OF THE PEASANT STRUGGLES




Melissa


CHURCH OF SAINT MARY OF THE AUDIENCE











w3c logo html5